Community Pack Project
The OutFox Community Pack Project is creating new simfiles to be included as part of Project OutFox's default content. This is a non-competitive event, intended to showcase our community and their skills! We are aiming for "libre" content, so that songs from the Community Pack Project can be freely included with our packages.
You can participate as a music artist (by submitting your works), step artist (by creating charts for music submissions) or designer (by creating the graphics for music submissions). You may send multiple submissions. You can also participate on more than one category simultaneously, if you wish. All participants should read and understand the guidelines below before signing up.
The final product for each approved complete submission is:
Again, you don’t need to submit everything in order to participate. After the initial review to ensure they meet the requirements, all music submissions will be assigned to step artists and designers in order to create their accompanying step charts and graphics.
- Must be licensed under a a free content license that allows for unrestricted distribution, modification, and commercial use. We recommend using the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) or Attribution-Share Alike (CC-BY-SA) licenses, as they are common and recognized terms;
- Must be your own original work (no remixes/covers, unless they’re based on public domain media like classical music pieces; You may also remix other participants' submissions);
- Cannot contain copyrighted material (e.g., using samples/stems from copyright-protected media; Samples and other stems obtained from services like Splice is okay);
- The song's content can be a maximum of "PG-13" in intensity;
- Ideally, length should be around 2 minutes for step gametypes (e.g., pump, dance) and up to 4 minutes for non-step gametypes (e.g., gh, popn, beat);
- Provide your submissions using a lossless format like WAV or FLAC (we’ll handle the conversion process);
- Have a good mix and mastering to make sure it will sound good on most audio setups. If you have trouble with mixing/mastering, try asking other artists for help.
- Always create a reasonable number of difficulties: not everyone can play a 13 but a 5 is not appealing to everybody;
- Use the provided template simfiles as a base to create your charts (they already have proper BPM and offsets applied);
- You agree to license your charts under the CC-BY 3.0 or 4.0 license, attributed to the chart's authors (be sure to fill out the author field on each difficulty!);
- Multiple step artists can (and should) cooperate on the same music: having different minds work on the same job will get it done faster and improve variety;
- Do what you want: tech, mods, stamina, gimmicky, freestyle, doubles… whatever your heart desires while still keeping a variety of levels;
- You can make charts for all gametypes: you are not limited to only dance or pump (see the full list here);
- Don’t forget to tell if your step charts are for pad/mat or keyboard/controller play;
- Provide your submissions using the SSC format; for modcharts, put the .ssc and all the scripts/assets used in a single .zip file.
- Graphics must be your own original work _or_ comprised using material either in the public domain, or licensed under a Creative Commons CC-BY or CC-BY-SA license. If you include third-party content, place the required attribution in a credits.txt file in the song directory;
- You agree to license your graphics under the CC-BY 3.0 or 4.0 license, attributed to the graphics' author. If your graphics incorporate CC-BY-SA-licensed material, your graphics must instead be licensed under CC-BY-SA to comply with the license;
- Each song must have a Banner (512x160), a Background (1280x720), and optionally a jacket (square resolution, at least 512x512);
- Background videos (720p30) or animations are optional;
- Provide your submissions using the PNG or JPG format (for images) and H.264-encoded MP4 (for videos);
- The graphics' content can be a maximum of "PG-13" in intensity, but we would recommend keeping things work safe.
Flll out our submission form if you are interested in submitting music, graphics, or charts. You can post completed (or WIP) music, graphics, and charts on their corresponding channels on the Project OutFox Discord server. If you're only submitting music, you can also use the OutFox Community Pack section on our forum. The deadline for the project as a whole is July 31, 2021, but this is subject to change.
By participating in this event, you agree to follow the guidelines described above. Content that does not meet the guidelines will not be included in the community pack. Giving feedback to other participants is wholeheartedly welcome, but remember to always be constructive and respectful, and remain in compliance with the Project OutFox community guidelines. Our community is designed to be a positive environment for everyone: keep drama out of the discussions, and do not harass, slander, threaten others for any reason. FAILING TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate and feel free to contact Team Rizu or our community staff members.