These rules apply to the Discord server and Project Moondance forum unless otherwise noted. Although these rules are simple and concise, it is still important to read them carefully;
- Our community platforms are designed to be a positive environment for everyone. Keep drama out of the discussions, and do not harass, slander, threaten others for any reason, or otherwise post hate speech.
- Do not impersonate staff members.
- Do not post personal information about other users without their permission.
- Do not spam or post too rapidly on the Discord server. This applies to any form of content, including messages, emojis, images, etc.
- Do not unduly promote other projects/Discord servers/etc. without permission, particularly if they do not involve StepMania
- Do not discuss potentially controversial aspects of subjects such as politics or religion.
- Do not post any content that violates copyrights or is otherwise illegal.
- Direct links to simfile downloads (defined as a clickable link), if they do not contain music that was distributed by its creator at no charge, or is otherwise licensed under terms (such as a Creative Commons licence) that explicitly grant permission for redistribution, can not be shared on any official Moondance platforms. In other words, we do not know where you can find simfiles; you should know already. We’re not gonna help unless it’s 100% legal. Links to videos showcasing simfiles are okay.
- Do not “beg”/ask for access to the source code for StepMania 5.3; its source code will be released under an open source license at a later date, but we are not currently doing so in order to ensure the integrity and quality of pre-release builds (ensuring that only builds vetted and tested by the development team are released to the public at this time). There are also optional non-free dependencies that we would have to remove before performing a open source code release.
Moderators and development team members reserve the right to enforce these conduct policies; abuse of our platforms may result in warnings or bans from the communities.
- 30 March 2020: Move to page on website for use by the forum, update wording to not apply only to the Discord server.
- 29 May 2020: Add rule 10 on source code access
- A session cookie is generated by Cloudflare for the purposes of protecting against malicious traffic; this cookie does not enable cross-site tracking, and anonymizes your IP address “using a one-way hash of certain values so they cannot be personally identified”. For more information, please see the Cloudflare support page.
- Besides that, the front-end website (projectmoon.dance) does not use any third-party tracking, analytics, or otherwise. In other words, we respect your privacy by not trying to infringe it in the first place.