Frequently asked questions
- StepMania 5.3 is still under active development, so there will likely still be bugs and other quirks. If you encounter issues or have any comments or questions, be sure to report or discuss them on our GitHub for public issue tracking, Discord server, or forum.
- If upgrading from a previous build, be sure to uninstall it and delete the Appearance/Themes folder in the installation directory before installing the next build, or install it in a separate directory. In-place upgrades between versions may create conflicts that can result in unusual behaviour.
- If your controller does not work properly on StepMania 5.3, but did on earlier versions, see the controller guide for more information.
- For ARM builds, type
uname -a at a shell to determine the correct architecture release to download.
- For macOS builds, please see the macOS section of the FAQ page for information on OS security settings required to run the game.
- If you are running Linux and get a black screen on startup when using ATI/Nouveau drivers, edit Save/Preferences.ini to change
- For a full list of changes in both builds, please see the GitHub release page.
- ❕✅📝 Fixed crash when entering Extended/Course Mode [Dance] when entering options (Thanks Jubo!)
- ❕✅📝 Fixed system lockup on certain Nouveau drivers when launching the game(Thanks Din!)
- ❕✅📝 Fixed Segfault on game launch with older ATI cards on linux (Thanks Din!)
- ❕✅📝 Fixed crash on Twister OS on the RPi (Thanks snil4!)
- ❕✅📝 Fixed Smoothlines issue (thanks natano!)
- ❕✅📝 Fixed crash after load screen on RPi 4 64bit (Thanks eudes!)
- ❕✅📝 Fixed crash on Calibrate Audio Sync on pump (Thanks Shrmp0, Kaede573!)
- ❕✅ Fixed performance drop due to renderer present context
- ❕✅ Removed Nvidia driver debug code causing some issues
- ❕✅ Tweaked GLEW to not cause a race condition
- ❕✅ Fixed bug where window was presenting a GL version not supported by the system
- ❕✅ Fixed one of my oopsies by leaving in a forced Nvidia GL debug option
- ❕✅ Force High Res Textures to auto since we're now as size 2048
- ❕✅ Force High Res Textures to auto to fix crash on mesa on ARM32 based boards
- ❕✅ Fixed crash on Pinebook/RockPi4 due to bad opengl initialisation
- ❕✅ Downgraded SDL back to OutFox 2.0.13modded
- ❕✅ Fixed font size and life bar color on pump mode (Thanks Squirrel!)
- ❕✅ Add Press Start/Ready indicators for two-step difficulty selection on Pump mode.
- ❕✅ Fixed the size of the new program icon from 4.9.7.
- ❕✅ Fix GLAD being wrongly selected on some systems, causing a crash
- ❕✅ Added 41 new tween system for further use in the future
- ❕✅📝 Increased profile size to 20MB (Thanks Kellykato!)
- ❕✅ Updated Docker build system to support new changes
Installer, designed for current versions of Windows.
tar.gz, compiled on older glibc (no Discord support)
Linux (amd64 legacy)
DMG, optimized for Intel-based Mac. Do not use on ARM-based macOS, as it is not fully compatible.
DMG, optimized for ARM-based Mac (i.e. Apple M1, "Apple Silicon") (no Discord support).
For Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+/4 with Debian/Ubuntu 64-bit, Manjaro, Arch, or Rockpi64.
Linux 64-bit ARM (arm64v8)
For Raspberry Pi 2/3B/3B+/4, some other devices.
Linux 32-bit ARM (arm32v7)
Changelogs for pre-public releases