Alpha 4.6: The "Ogres Have Layers" build. ARM builds are incoming.
Do not enable 8K texture support at this time, as it will give you GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY problems. Please wait until it's mentioned in a later update.
- ❕✅ Fix model index overflow
- ❕✅ Use 4-byte width for modeltypes
- ❕✅ Fix FFMPEG 4.3 upstream bug
- ❕✅🐲 Fix incorrect Lua commands in notedisplay
- ❕✅ Fix invert for modes with odd numbered column count
- ❕✅ Fix and modernise all compile settings in ffmpeg
- ❕✅ Switch to shared dynamic linking of libraries
- ❕✅ Remove hardcoded file types in RandomMovies
- ❕✅ Fix Lua errors in generating credits OptionRow
- ❕✅ Fixed pump noteskin rotation to be consistent with other modes
- ❕✅ Fixed DLL crashes on course length
- ❕✅ Fixed video crashes on certain MP4 files
- ❕✅ Fixed SWScale crash on courses
- ❕✅ Fixed AVI/MP4 crash on courses
- ❕✅ Fix Discord linking for status updates
- ❕✅ New lib packaging to be compliant with macOS
- ❕✅ Fix dynamic linking causing crashes on avi videos
- ❕✅ Fix crash on start due misconfigured library defaults
- ❕✅ Fix SWScale crash preventing boot
- ❕✅ Fix slowdown due to back texture code
- ❕✅ Tweaked method for graphics renderer choice
- ✅ New mascot, Narumi, with artwork by leojiaz
- ✅ Guitar3 and Guitar5 graphics - Lirodon
- ✅ Translations updated from Moru, SHRIMP0 and SheepyChris (Brazilian Portuguese)
- ✅ Translations updated from MoNeko (Polish)
- ✅ Translations updated from Hanubeki (Japanese)
- ✅ Translations updated from Jose_Varela (Spanish)
- If you are on newer AARCH64 based Linux distributions such as Arch/Manjaro, you will need to install glu and mesa-git (sudo pacman -Sy glu mesa-git)
- If the game boots into the GLAD renderer, exit the game and edit VideoRenderers in ~/.stepmania 5.3/Save/Preferences.ini to list opengl first.
- Follow this tutorial to get better performance on your ARM device:
- If you are on a Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+ or 4 and want 64-bit, this image of Raspberry Pi OS has native OpenGL 2.1 drivers.
- As per some of the issues with the in-built systems on the RPi, if you have many entries of broken pipe in your log files and ALSA errors, this is often worked around with a USB sound card or similar. We have not seen anything on Manjaro which matches this, so far it appears to be a Debian issue.
- Don't expect crazy performance/perfect playback! We are still learning to tweak the engine for better performance on ARM, so please be patient!