Community conduct policy
These rules apply to the Discord server and Project Moondance forum unless otherwise noted. Although these rules are simple and concise, it is still important to read them carefully;
Last updated 30 March 2020
- Our community platforms are designed to be a positive environment for everyone. Keep drama out of the discussions, and do not harass, slander, threaten others for any reason, or otherwise post hate speech.
- Do not impersonate staff members.
- Do not post personal information about other users without their permission.
- Do not spam or post too rapidly on the Discord server. This applies to any form of content, including messages, emojis, images, etc.
- Do not unduly promote other projects/Discord servers/etc. without permission, particularly if they do not involve StepMania
- Do not discuss potentially controversial aspects of subjects such as politics or religion.
- Do not post any content that violates copyrights or is otherwise illegal.
- Direct links to simfile downloads (defined as a clickable link), if they do not contain music that was distributed by its creator at no charge, or is otherwise licensed under terms (such as a Creative Commons licence) that explicitly grant permission for redistribution, can not be shared on any official Moondance platforms. In other words, we do not know where you can find simfiles; you should know already. We’re not gonna help unless it’s 100% legal. Links to videos showcasing simfiles are okay.
Moderators and development team members reserve the right to enforce these conduct policies; abuse of our platforms may result in warnings or bans from the communities.
*A session cookie is generated by Cloudflare for the purposes of protecting against malicious traffic; this cookie does not enable cross-site tracking, and anonymizes your IP address “using a one-way hash of certain values so they cannot be personally identified”. For more information, please see the relevant